Having a blood clot on calf. Experiencing lightheadedness and tingling in leg. What could this be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi. I have a bruise like XXXXXXX on the outside of my right calf. It is not a bruise. Theres a hard spot in the middle of it, it hurts to the touch, hurts when I move around, etc. Ive had it for about a week now. Went to the doctor, they said it was a possible blood clot.. sent me to hospital for ultrasound, but found nothing. It isnt improving and now I'm experiencing some lightheadedness and tingling in that leg. What could this be? Should I go to the ER??
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

As your ultrasound report is clear, chances of blood clot in your leg is less likely.
It could be haematoma(collection of blood) which might get organised and fibrosed(feels like hard spot). Tingling in that leg could be due to pressure of fibrosis to the surrounding nerve fibres.

As your symptoms are not improving and you had developed tingling in your leg, You need medical attention.
I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician who after examination may order for MRI scan to diagnose the condition.

Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.