Having a blood blister on lower lip. Punctured twice. Suggest the cure?

62 y.o. female with a blood blister of the lower lip I have punctured twice and drained appr 2cc of blood. It has recurred. Any suggestions.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
i would recommend consideration of warm compresses four or five times per day for 15 to 20 minutes.

I would not recommend puncturing this area as this can sometimes lead to development of infection. If this persists you should bring it to the attention of your antiviral medication might be helpful.

If you continue to puncture this area it might lead to more fluid collection and might delay the healing process.

Thanks again for sending your question.

Dr. Galamaga