Having Unilateral shizencephaly. Kidney and intestinal problems. What are the other complications?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have unilateral shizencephely I'm 32 years old for a few years now i been have kidney and intestinal problems and the left side that's affected the bones are starting to hurt and my left side is weaker shorter smaller and limited are my left side ..and are my intestine and organs smaller n weak on that side also?? Thanku XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Unilateral shizencephaly is a congenital disorder which is not inherited genetically.
It is not associated with smaller size or malformations of any other body organs like kidneys and intestines. It is just a coincidence that your left side is shorter and smaller and bones have started to hurt on that side.
You can get an ultrasound scan of abdomen to find out any discrepancy in the size of your organs.
Regarding the bone pains, these are likely to be due to Vitamin D3 or calcium or magnesium deficiency. You can get your serum levels evaluated and start the supplements accordingly for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.