Having Type 2 diabetes. Advice on normal glucose levels

my husband has been type 2 diabetes for 6yrs he is 76 yrs what range should his glucose levels be
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
In type 2 diabetes, your husbands level of Blood sugar on waking up with an empty stomach should be between 80 to 120 mg/dl. Thereafter normal blood sugar should be between 120 to 160 mg/dl two hours after having food and during bedtime the blood sugar values should be between 100 to 140 mg/dl. Try to maintain the blood glucose levels nearest to these readings with appropriate treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.