Having STD and toilet water fell on penis. Could I get HIV?

Question
If someone have STD then how he can get HIV ? Can he get HIV by such contact by which a normal man (who doesn't have STD) is not infected ? Suppose I am having STD and during using a public toilet some waters from toilet pan fell on my penis. My semen comes out during that time when I strain in toilet. Can I get HIV in this mode if I have HIV ? Thank U.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
your answers are below

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence. Here are your answers:

If someone have STD then how he can get HIV ? - When someone has STD there are high chances of getting HIV because the skin in the genital region will be abraded, and this makes transmission of HIV virus through the broken skin more easy. Also, some STDs like Herpes, directly promote transmission of HIV virus across genital mucus membranes.

The terms may be little difficult for you to understand.

Can he get HIV by such contact by which a normal man (who doesn't have STD) is not infected ? - NO. If the normal man is not infected with HIV then the earlier person will not get it.

Can I get HIV in this mode if I have HIV ? - answer is NO. You cannot get HIV this way.

Let me know if you have further doubts.

Follow-up: Having STD and toilet water fell on penis. Could I get HIV? 13 minutes later
thank U so much madam. Another query is if that toilet water which fell on my penis(having semen coming out when I strain in toilet although I don't remember whether the semen came out in the toilet on that day or not) is infected by HIV through any body fluid in fresh by some HIV infected person is there still no chance of getting HIV by me in this way ? I remember I masturbated on that day after some time of this incident . And as U have explained that "some STDs like Herpes, directly promote transmission of HIV virus across genital mucus membranes." does it mean that STD like herpes will automatically develop HIV ? Thank U so much for your quick response.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Still there is no chance of getting HIV this way, since the virus does not survive in water, and outside human body.

Although, you masturbated after the incident, there is no way of getting infected with HIV through this way.

No. STDs like Herpes will promote transmission of HIV virus, it does not automatically make a person HIV positive.

Hope this is clear to you.

Follow-up: Having STD and toilet water fell on penis. Could I get HIV? 16 hours later
Madam, I masturbate a lot . I have my semen (or some fluids exactly I don't know) discharged from penis when I talk to beautiful girls or get excited . My penis is also a bit curved to left. The semen is also discharged in toilet when I strain in the toilet . There are some itches on my skin around the penis and near by area which get cured after using candid-B lotion and after some days it again come back. Am I suffering from STD ? I don't have multiple sex partner even if I don't have sex partner. If it is STD then is this type of STD(which I have) increases the chance of being infected by HIV in the incident which I have described before ? (Using public toilet and some toilet water fell on my penis when semen comes out from it in toilet due to strain and I afraid that the toilet water may be infected by the body fluids like blood , semen, etc of anyone having HIV ). Can a person having STD be infected by HIV by those modes/contacts which modes/contacts can't infect a healthy person ?. Please help me madam. Thank U so much.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

I have read your follow up query.

Try to restrict on masturbating. It may affect you psychologically. The discharge that you experience is normal. Also, a bit curved penis is normal as well.

For the discharge of semen in toilet, there may be stress incontinence. If this is troublesome to you, you can see an urologist for the same, and get examined.

No, you are not suffering from STD. It is perhaps a fungal infection. Since this is not STD, you need not worry about transmission of HIV.

No, toilet water containing body fluids like blood, semen etc do not transmit HIV.

Please relax. Nothing to worry. you are healthy and normal.

Hope this helps.

Take care!

Follow-up: Having STD and toilet water fell on penis. Could I get HIV? 42 minutes later
thank U madam. Actually the discharge of semen when I strain in toilet is not creating any pain or other uncomfortable situations for me. I was only worried that whether this is STD or whether it is the symptom of any serious life threatening disease. Can it be any serious disease in future ? Should I leave it untreated ? Thank U.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
leave it untreated

Detailed Answer:

If the semen discharge is not creating any pain or other uncomfortable situations, it is better to leave it untreated.

This is NOT A STD neither is it a symptom of any serious life threatening disease.

It would not cause any serious problem in future. You can leave it untreated.

Hope all your queries are answered.

Follow-up: Having STD and toilet water fell on penis. Could I get HIV? 26 hours later
mam, I am having an epididymal cyst on the left testicle. The report of my scrotal ultrasound has been attached. When I was sleeping tonight a sudden pain was felt on my right(not at the left) testicle for which I was wake up. After 3/4 minutes the pain disappeared. The pain was like as is striking my testicle by finger after an interval of 10/12 seconds. Mam, have I suffered testicular torsion ?

I consulted one urologist in my locality. He listened my symptoms which I have described you in my previous query. He said that this is not testicular torsion and nothing to worry about. But he didn't examine me physically only he saw my ultrasound report which was done on 28/09/2013 (before the incident which happened to me last night). He told me that no treatment is required for now. But he prescribed me certain medicines which I have written below.

1. Decet BD
2. Levotec 500

mam I am confused these medicines are for which disease ?
Am I having any chance of any testicular torsion or any other serious condition in future and these medicines are to prevent it ???
Is it necessary to take these medicines (I am having asthma so I am presently taking Montek LC tablets every day which I forgotten to say the local urologist).

Please help me mam.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
no testicular torsion in you

Detailed Answer:

I have read your follow up query with diligence. I have also seen the reports uploaded.

I am sorry about the cyst in the left testis. However, there is nothing to worry about this. This is not a serious concern. It would go away by itself.

No, you have not suffered testicular torsion.

I am glad you have consulted the Urologist. The medicines prescribed are right. Decet is used to treat any helminthic infection, a kind of parasitic infection. Levotec is antibiotic. Both are effective drugs for you.

The chances of having a torsion cannot be predicted. Also, there are no ways to prevent it. However, I would suggest you to avoid weight lifting exercises and other strenuous physical activities.

Yes, please do take the medicines as advised.

Wish you good health.

Take care!