Having Prostate inflammation from past one year. Cure?

Prostate inflammation lasting for 1 year
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 minutes later

Your medical history says prostrate inflammation lasting one year. Please post you complete medical query.

Are you currently on treatment for the prostrate inflammation? Let me know the details.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Having Prostate inflammation from past one year. Cure? 6 minutes later
My enquiry is that I had Acupuncture for my back pain. Is it possible that I may get HIV infection from that procedure because since that I had done Acupuncture one month ago I started to have flu for 6 days then it goes also I had pain in my throat for 7 days also and now are gone what is remaining for 2 weeks is fever and Wight loss.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
Thanks for the details.

Yes, you could get HIV infection this way through acupuncture.

The fever and weight loss need not be due to HIV infection. Please do not draw conclusions at this point.

Do get a rapid HIV test done and check the result.

I hope this helps you.
Follow-up: Having Prostate inflammation from past one year. Cure? 2 minutes later
What is the name of this ''rapid HIV test''? or it is called this way.
Can I follow up with you after I get the results?
Thank you for your answers
kind regards
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 hours later

Sorry for the delayed response.

The test itself is named Rapid HIV test or you could also do HIV ELISA test which is sensitive and cost-easy.

Sure, you could follow up with me after the results. You just need to recharge this query thread with a top-up.

Wish you good luck and good health.

Take care!
Follow-up: Having Prostate inflammation from past one year. Cure? 32 hours later
Thank you doctor for your answers earlier. I have done (HIV antigen test) I think the same test comes with p24 test. The result was non reactive. So is this test better than the (rapid HIV test) as you advised? or I have to do the rapid test?
Thank you again for your help.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
P24 test would suffice, no need to do rapid test.

Detailed Answer:

As you mentioned you have got the P24 test done and it is non-reactive, there is no need for you to do the rapid test now. P24 test would suffice.

Repeat a serum ELISA test for HIV after 6 months. If it is non-reactive, then you are negative for HIV. You need not do any further testing after this.

Hope this helps you. Wish you good health.