Having Poly Cystic Ovary. Reports show normal. What to do?

Mar 2016

I was having Poly Cystic Ovary . Currently reports says that its not there anymore. But still I face issues regarding the same..
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
It is quite good thing that there is no ovarian cyst as per report but still some symptoms persist.
Here, you need to take contraceptive medication for at least 6-9 months to alleviate symptoms and regularize period. Your treating doctor may help regarding this.
Low carbohydrate diet, moderate exercise to control body weight & supportive medication are key treatment of PCOS.
In addition, you need to take healthy diet with iron & vitamin supplements, drink plenty fluids/ juice, avoid stress/ mental upset, maintain genital hygiene and take sound sleep.
Hope, it helps for you. If you have any further query, you can freely ask me.
Wish your good health & take care yourself.
Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Having Poly Cystic Ovary. Reports show normal. What to do? 27 minutes later
There will be any problem during pregnancy or for conceiving if I contibue tabs further??
Answered by Dr. S Patra 21 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up query.
You need to take complete course of hormonal medication ( contraceptive pill) up to 6-9 months after consultation with your doctor.
Next, when you will trying for baby, you need to stop taking the contraceptive pill for at least 1-2 months. At that time, taking progesterone pill is very much effective in case of irregular period. In addition, you need to use ovulation prediction kit (LH kit) in mid cycle to maximize chance of pregnancy.
OCP itself does not impact on future pregnancy or conceiving problem. Taking folic acid & vitamin supplements in preconception period is quite useful.
Hope, I have answered your query. If you do not need any other clarification, then you can close the discussion & rate the answer.
All the best.
Dr Soumen