Having PVC. On metropol which does not seem to help. Any suggestion?

Last year I was diagnosed with having PVCs. I have had 2 ecgs done and consulted 3 doctors and they all said there was nothing wrong other than I have PVCs. A doctor prescribed metropol of which I stopped taking because I was doing OK without it. Here recently the PVCs have return more frequently and are so bothersome they interfere with life. I am currently taking the metropol again and doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is not always that PVCs are harmful and due to some pathology , even excessive caffeine intake anxiety , panic etc . may lead to PVCs without any significant cause .

Metoprolol is a safe medicine to be taken for this and is highly effective .I will suggest you to see a cardiologist because the pattern of the beats and frequency needs to be established and then only further medicine will be decided or may be a dose adjustment would be needed .

Kindly see your doctor as soon as possible and 2D ECHO will also be required to look for any pathological cause.

Dr. Shruti