Having PCOS. Transvaginal ultrasound scan shows multiple small follicles. Can I conceive naturally?

I have pcos can I conceive naturally? I currently weigh 17 stone if I lose weight will I conceive? I have a regular cycle every 28-30 days but I have bleeding mid cycle. Trans vaginal ultrasound scan shows multiple small follicles.

I am out of my mind that I wont conceive cos I bleed around ovulation which means I cant have intercourse.

Clearblue fertility monitor shows ovulation some months but not every month. Is conceiving naturally possible please?
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
regarding pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending the question.

This is an excellent question. As you know in the setting of polycystic ovary syndrome. It can be somewhat difficult to conceive. There is no way to guarantee that you will actually conceive in the future, but gradual weight loss will improve the odds and likelihood.

I can appreciate that this is a very stressful situation. I believe that you can conceive naturally. I feel that you need to give this at least 6 months in order to determine if any fertility assistance is required.

It is also extremely important that you work on losing weight. In order to tolerate your pregnancy. In your case, it might be beneficial for you to XXXXXXX with a nutrition specialist or dietitian to work on diet, strategies, as well as weight loss, planning.

I feel that if you maintain your current weight and then become pregnant that the pregnancy will be very stressful. In your body, and you are at higher risk for pregnancy-related complications.

Thank you, again for sending your question. I am confident that if you really focus on achieving your goals, including improvement of your lifestyle, diet and activity that you will ultimately achieve conception.

Please followup with your doctor for further recommendations.

Dr. Robert