Having PCOS. Irregular periods. Heavy flow and nausea during periods. Reason?

Mar 2013
i will start off stating that I have pcos, so my cycles are irregular, the week I thought I should of started based on what I'm trending I didn't till 11 days later. I started feeling nausea in morning the day I started spotting, did not need to wear a liner, then nxt day was brown mucusy, I never needed a liner very unusual I always am sorta heavy,now I'm more of a heavier flow but its only when i wipe, this has been for a week.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
With PCOS, what you describe is more of the norm.
Cycles are irregularly irregular ( you cant predict the next one based on the last ), and they maybe quite scanty and prolonged.
Also, at times, the flow is heavy, as the endometrium gets built up over cycles due to scanty flow, and then the heavy endometrium is shed off .
if you have been sexually active, just take a pregnancy test.
If negative, do not overtly worry, as this pattern is common in PCOS.
I hope you are on treatment for the same - Metformin would help in controlling symptoms.
Weight loss is the most beneficial for cycle regulation in PCOS.
Schedule an appointment with your gynecologist meanwhile to rule out endometrial hyperplasia.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.