Having Obsessive compulsory disorder about semen soiling the hands and socks. Treatment options?

Question
i have ocd about semen getting on me. I want to know if i tuck my pants in my socks what are the odds in can drip down my legs and get on my socks. I ask this in guess i touch my socks do you think i could get it on my hands if i touch my socks
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Semen can drip down the legs only when there is an erection or masturbation. It will not drip down when there is no erection and you are not masturbating.

Since you are having an OCD about semen, hence you are worried about semen soiling the socks and the hands. According to the Expert Consensus Guidelines for the Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder, behavioral therapy (BT), cognitive therapy (CT) and medications are the treatment options followed .

You are already taking Seroquel and Lexapro. In addition, you can get selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) prescribed from your doctor. These include Citalopram (Celexa), Fluoxetine (Prozac) or Sertraline (Zoloft).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Regards.

Follow-up: Having Obsessive compulsory disorder about semen soiling the hands and socks. Treatment options? 56 minutes later
so the odds are small that i get it on my hands

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The odds are extremely small that semen will drip down on its own without an erection/ masturbation and you get it on your hands.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries, then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.