Having OCD issues. On Prozaq. Suggest?

Hi. I am a mother of a 17 yr old child which is having OCD issues. She is on 30mg of Prozaq now and is not helping. She gets stuck on things and she asks her "what if" questions that are very deep. She is only 90 pounds. What do you think? Mrs. Waks
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

The response to OCD starts after minimum of 4 to week of starting Prozaq treatment provided, one is taking it daily without missing not more than on 15% of occasions

The standard guideline for management of OCD is: one need to wait for sometime before hiking the dose, otherwise the dose range, that, usually shows response varies from individual to individual is as low as 20 mg to as high as 120 mg /day.
It is very important to keep patience, XXXXXXX your doctor and stick to your doctors advice strictly. You can also discuss this dose issue and not to change doctors too frequently

Alternatively, behavior therapy in form of exposure response prevention works in such cases

I hope your child is diagnosed as Obsessive compulsive Disorder (OCD); if not it would be worthwhile to
evaluate the child and diagnose the condition before trying any treatment.

Hope this will be of some help. Let me know if you need clarifications.