Having MS, lumps on skin surface, lower back, recurring and spreading. On copaxone, coversyl. Reasons for lumps?

HI I have MS I am on copaxone medication and coversyl. I take about 5000 units of vit D daily. On Dec 30 I started feeling really really itchy I have these huge lumps under the surface of my skin . On my lower back, 2 on my head- one that is so large it hurts when I bend my head back, I also had one behind my ear. I took bendryl and some of the lumps went away. Should I continue the medication. What are these lumps that have suddenly surfaced??? It seems like everytime I scratch a new lump surfaces.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later

As I understand it, you are a known case of MS and hypertension and a history of allergy.

You have developed lumps that are due to allergy. You have to figure out whether any of your known allergens have precipitated this attack.

I would suggest you take your usual anti-allergic pills and an over-the counter acidity medicine.

If it is not better in two days, see your doctor to find out which substance you are allergic to, as these attacks can sometimes turn serious.

Incidentally, 1000 milligrams of vitamin D daily is sufficient, unless your doctor has prescribed this heavy dose due to some reason.

I hope, I have answered your query. Do let me know if you have any follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.