Having Lyme disease. Could I ask a doctor for treatment?

My goddaughter may have Lyme disease. Shehas no primary care physican and no insurance. She is 30. How can I find a physican who can see her promptly and what tests if any can we do on our own to determine if she has the disease? She is in XXXXXXX Oregon.
She is having a problem locating someone who will analyze and/or treat lyme disease. Can you provide a referral?
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Local Physician

Detailed Answer:

Referral are only accepted from the local treating doctor( General Practitioner/ Physician). I could find the following doctors

Hyungki Choi DO
Neurologist XXXXXXX , OR

Infectious Disease Specialist, XXXXXXX Medicine XXXXXXX , OR

Unfortunately online doctor cannot provide referral, even if some body does, it won't be accepted.

Please consult your local GP/ Physician for referral and to organize necessary tests.

If I suspect Lyme for some one in my clinic, the initial test is a blood test with ELISA or ImmunoAssay for Lyme (Borrelia) antibodies.

You will understand if you look at this, WWW.WWWW.WW
I am not sure if the local lab would do this test without prescription.