Having HPV and pap test was normal. Suggested to go for colonoscopy. Suggest the vitamins for HPV?

Question
I have hpv and my last 2 paps have been normal. why are they suggesting a colonscopy?
Also is there any vitamins i can take to help fight this ?
Also I have shown to have HPV since it fist showed up in 2008 that year i had a colonscopy as well. Since I have had adnormal paps yearly with the last 2 years finally showing normal paps but still having HPV.
Im sorry a Colposcopy*** is what are they suggesting
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detection of any changes in cervix in favor of can

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

HPV is a risk factor as you might know for cancer of the cervix. However, just knowing that one has HPV does not say directly that one has automatically developed the cancer.

The role of the colposcopy is to detect early enough, any changes in the cervix in favor of a development of a possible cancer, to permit early interventions to avoid any complications. It is actually acts like a surveillance system to permit early interventions.

Hope this helps but feel free asking any further questions if need be. Thanks and kind regards,.

Bain LE, MD

Follow-up: Having HPV and pap test was normal. Suggested to go for colonoscopy. Suggest the vitamins for HPV? 8 minutes later
So 2 years in a row of having a "normal" pap is no hope of the virus going dormant?
Any supplements i can take to help fight this?

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some preneoplasic lesions could be missed

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

In terms of supplements, non for the moment has been proven scientifically. Normal pap smear for two consecutive years is a good sign. However, in some rare cases, some precancerous cases could be missed, justifying the place of the colposcopic exam.

Thanks and hope this helps. IN case you got any doubts, feel very free asking.

Kind regards,

Bain LE, MD