Having HIV, asthama and COPD. Having pain in legs, feet and hands. On Hydro3. Suggestion?

Psychiatrist
Question
end hiv and asthma and copd and all kinds of infetcgtions all the time.; and pain legs feet and hands, i am on 4mg hydro 3 times day with kadian 30mg... does not work anymore and i am lost all hope

i have run out of my hydromorphine 4mg pills, trying to find a dr who will rx on the internet with proper hx of my selt
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

I have gone through your history.

Your pain might be due to Depression or stress which is very common associated condition along with chronic illness. You also have disinterest at work and hoplessness which are suggestive off depression.

You should consult psychiatrist instead of continuing hydromorphine on its own.
Doctor may rule out physical causes of pain like thyroid disturbances, neurological involvement or prescribe you Anti depressant drugs like duloxetine or desvenlafaxine.

Doctor may advise you to taper opioid substances gradually.

Meanwhile you may get benefit by stress management and relaxation therapy like breathing exercise , yoga, or meditation.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel Free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Having HIV, asthama and COPD. Having pain in legs, feet and hands. On Hydro3. Suggestion? 22 hours later
Thank you for your information

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 45 minutes later
Thanks for reverting to me.

It is pleasure to give you good, healthy information which may help you to recover.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

If you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.