Having Gout attack, taking indometheacin. Had pain in back with foot and heels. Suggest?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am having a gout attack first one in about 18 mo. I am taking 25 mg indometheacin once a day. Started Monday 5 pm
When should I start to feel better. It started on Friday night. WedI had pain in my back and sharp pains in my rt. foot and heel. Friday foot ,heel pain gone. Friday night left foot started
With stiff big toe and arch pain. Got worse, by Sunday. Called dr. On Monday, then started med
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the start of Indomethacin during attack

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

The conventional and traditional dosing of Indomethacin in the treatment of Acute gout attack is 50mg three times a day for the reduction of inflammation in most patients. I use the above dosing for all my patients presenting with acute gouty attack.

In case, if you have started Indomethacin within hours of the onset of acute attack, you will find response within 2-3 days. If you have started Indomethacin within 12-36 hours of starting of the acute attack, then it may take 5-7 days to get symptom relief.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further