Having Fibromyalgia. Suffering from pain and restricted motion. Treatment?

firomyalgia is the dx that I am being treated for,shoulder and hip replacements hav e been done pain and resticted motion persist in spite of continual ,physical therapy,depression is becoming a significant problem
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 6 hours later

I empathize with it. I know it is problematic to live with such a problem. I am sorry about it.

Fibromyalgia is a difficult problem to treat sometimes.
It requires a combination of medication, exercise and cognitive behavioral therapy.
The recommended drugs are pregabalin, duloxetine and milnacipran.
You may also require taking carnitine, which also helps.
I also suggest relaxation techniques, meditation and breathing exercises.

In addition, you may see a psychiatrist for the depression.

Go for graded exercises under the expertise of a physiotherapist that should help you with your problem.

I hope you get well soon. Let me know if I can help you further.