Having Erectile dysfunction. Used viagra with 60% response and Cialis. Medication?

Question
I have been recently bombarded with flyers regarding what pills to take to treat ED. All them are competing with statements such as how large or long the organ can be and how satisfied the partner will be. I have been skeptical of their products, plus I do not know how safe they are on somebody like me diagnosed with prostate cancer last year, and have been following the approach of "Active surveillance. I am 77 yrs. old and have ED. I have used Viagra with 60 % response, and Cialis using 10 mg prior to activity as recent as last night. please help.
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later
Hi XXXX,
The lack of proper erection or inability to sustain it is called erectile dysfunction.
You have many comorbidities of importance in connection to ED and it's management.
There are many causes for this- psychological stress, performance anxiety, day to day life stress, dislike for the partner, fatigue, side effects from drugs, diabetes, neuropathies, local problem, hormonal imbalance etc.
It is important to know if you are having any personal discord, what are your expectations about sex, how much you are staying, are you a diabetic also, Whether also taking antihypertensives called nitrates in which case some drugs like VIAGRA can't be taken.
there are many unscientific purportedly great treatments without side effects and which increase the size of the organ enormously and erection like anything but all claims are false and one should be aware that there is no support for such claims and those people mint money and vanish. These treatments also have the potential to cause unforeseen damage.
With the information you have provided,I think you can use the ED drugs without problems.
Please put a follow up query giving more information on these details so that I can fine tune my opinion.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.