Having Chronic myelogenous leukemia and taking Glivec. Undergone Gasless Laparoscopic surgery. Creatine raising steadily. Indicate the cure?

My father is a CML patient having Glivec for last 5 years. With Glivec every thing was normal. He got GL Lap surgery on 9th of August and on 16th August , he had a heart diastolic ( Grade 3 ) failure. He was admitted in hospital and was released under stable condition. He was prescribed Cilacar 10 mg( twice daily) , Concor Cor 2.5 mg ( once daily ), Dytor 20 mg ( once daily ).
His Creatine on 16th August was 1.7 , but after his release from hospital and with the new medicine his creatine has been raising steadily. Currently his creat is 3.2!!. His urea and electrolyte values are with in range.. his uric acid is high ( 9) and he is taking Febutaz 40 mg ( once daily )
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, not cilacar and concor; but febutaz and dytor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I understand and respect your concern for your father, and shall try my best to help you with as much information as required.

I have gone through all the details of your query, and would like to inform you that both concor and cilacar usually do not have any renal ill-effects that can result in a rise in your father's creatinine levels. So the answer to your query would be no, cilacar and concor cannot contribute to a rise in creatinine.

But, both dytor and febutaz can result in renal complications that are seen in the form of a rise in creatinine levels. Usually creatinine levels slowly return back to normal on discontinuation of these medications.

But it is best to visit your father's doctor to have a check on his creatinine levels, and also to help with control of his creatinine levels with the help of diet, exercise and medication (eg. ketosteril); and to help with replacement of the medications that could have caused such a presentation or even worsen it.

I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.