Having COPD. Tired and weak. Medical cure for this?

General Surgeon
I have COPD but lately have felt so tired and weak and don't seem to be providing enough oxygen to my body/can,t walk more than 15 feet with stopping to catch up

Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some more information is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX! Good afternoon. I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

A few more information from your end will be helpful in providing you with an approximate optimum answer to your query :
1) Do you mind mentioning your age ?
2) Do you have any other medical conditions for which you are under medications ?
3) In the discharge summary from the hospital , it must have been mentioned if the whole of gall bladder was removed, or not, and if the removed organ was examined for histopathology and what the report was.
4) Do you have any cough and fever now ?
5) When was the last investigation done for the chest problem ?
6) Do you smoke or take any alcoholic berages ?

In the mean time, from your present history, it seems that you have got a major respiratory compromise reason being not known at present. If you have got any nebulisation machine with you, get nebulisation with Budecort respules 1mg to start with, and also take oxygen inhalation if you feel like. Because of the thick mucous in your respiratory tract and the past history, I would also advise you to go for a broad spectrum antibiotic and regular steam inhalation. However if your symptoms do not improve, and goes on increasing, I would suggest you to report in the ER of your treating hospital or in the nearest hospital where they can take better care of yours.

Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX for your health problems. Even though it is not possible to do any clinical examination in the present scenario, I have tried to explain you to help you to the maximum. If you have got any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Good luck. Dr Shareef.