Having Blepharitis. Tried warm compress, eye drops, eyelid cleaning, and fish oil. Suggest the treatment?

I have Blepharitis. It has been an issue this past week. What can a doctor perscribe for me? So far, I am doing the following: I have tried warm compress, eye drops, eyelid cleaning, and fish oil. I would like a little boost. Is there a medicine I should ask my doctor about? What works for perscriptions?
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thank you so much for this question.

I am so sorry to hear about this blepharitis. I hope together we figure out what can make you feel better soonest.

This condition is generally treated in addition to the above measures with antibiotics in the form of eye drops/pills/cream(treat infectious causes) and steroids containing eye drops(for inflammation and pains). Finally, if a cause of the blepharitis is identified(ex: seborrheic dermatitis), then specific treatment to control this condition is also started. Ask your doctor to consider these other options and make the choices of drugs depending om what is available.

At times, despite a complete and correct treatment, the symptoms rarely go away entirely.

I am sorry, per our policies I can not recommend any specific drug which is not generic and I don''t have generics I can provide to you at this time. So please, talk with your doctor about getting a prescription for these drugs

Thanks for this query and do hope you will get relieved of symptoms pretty soon.
I wish you the best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD