Having BP and menopause problem. On Avapro. Prescribe darginex and meta card q10. Safe to take both?

May 2013
Currently on 300mg avapro. Natropath prescribed some arginex and meta card q10. Is it safe to take both
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later

Avapro contains Irbesartan. It is a angiotensin II receptor blocker.
And it helps in lowering the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels.
Arginex and Metacard also dilate the blood vessels and lower the blood pressure.
So there is possibility of drug interaction between the two, that-too as you are using high dose of Avapro.
So combined use is not advisable in general.
You once discuss this with your doctor and follow his advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.