Having BP. Prescribed with metpure for palpitations and anxiety attacks. Should I take this medication?

hi doctor...i am 35 years old and constantly have BP of 130/90 over several readings. sometimes it shows lower at 120/80 but most times the reading is 130/90. last 3 weeks i have been facing sudden palpatations and this is causing a lot of anxiety. i have got my ecg , 2d echo and stress test done at the hospital last week and all results were ok. even after that i continue to have sudden palpatations and anxiety attacks on a daily basis so today my doc prescribed Metpure XL 25mg 1 tab daily. i am not sure whether to take this medicine. also i have been having acidity since last 6 months and am on a daily dose of razoprazol 20mg 1 tab each morning. pls advise what i should do. thanks..
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take the drug and follow up Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Metpure XL is Metoprolol. It is a Beta blocker. It has several uses – especially in the control of blood pressure and heart rate. It also helps in Anxiety – breaks the vicious cycle - of increased heart rate from anxiety and vice versa It is well tested drug and will help This dose is small; the maximum dose is up to 200 mg! - you can step up your dose, after a week - if you are still symptomatic. Have an endoscopy to evaluate your stomach problems... The treating doctor alone can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless