Having 5 stitches on eye brow area. Have slight swelling and scar tissue. Applied hot compress. What can be done for swelling?

one month ago i had bicycle accident fell on my left eye brow area received 5 stitches after wards removed stitches, I still have slight swelling and scar tissue on corner where 2 sutures it ok to massage with hot compress, if i apply hot compress on scar tissue it softens with massage and swelling goes down and flattens, then swelling comes back. how long does this swelling last? and how do i flatten suture scar tissue?
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 53 minutes later

Scar tissue formed after injury takes time to heal. As you are having swelling and scar tissue formation at the site of injury, you may follow these steps:

1) do cold compresses rather than hot compresses twice in a day
2) massage the area twice in a day
3) apply silicone gel over scar twice in a day. This will help reduce the scar
4) take vitamin c tablet 500 mg twice in a day
5) avoid smoking
6) if the lesion has healed completely without any redness or irritation apply tretinoin cream 0.1% in night. If in case lesions are swollen painful red then take oral anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen for few days.

The time required for swelling or scarring to go is variable. I would appreciate if you could attach an image of affected area as it will help in clearing your doubts in a better way and offering a more personalized treatment plan.

Hope that helped.
Follow-up: Having 5 stitches on eye brow area. Have slight swelling and scar tissue. Applied hot compress. What can be done for swelling? 2 hours later
how do i attach pic in "follow up question" box ? can write follow up question and submit only, nowhere to attach pic.

also Dr.the scar area in corner where sutures are protruding feel and look like 2 pimples.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 13 hours later
Please accept my apologies for delayed response.
You may upload the image by clicking on upload report/image button which is on your query page or you may also send it on YYYY@YYYY and mention ATTN DR KALPANA PATHAK in subject line.

Also let me know that the two protruded areas or pimples as you say are painful or painless and whether they are hard or soft red tender.

Hoping to hear from you soon.