Have zits like bump inside mouth. Meaty stuff comes out after popping. Mouth cancer?

Question
Mouth CancerI have some zits like things in the back of my mouth and when it gets like its ready to pop I do it but instead of just liquid some meaty stuff comes out as well and then the zit thing returns to a hump usually its on one side but the bumps are on both"
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 59 minutes later
Dear friend,

Welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

From your description, it does not sound like some cancer. Mostly it is some mucosal (mouth lining) glandular enlargement that you feel as a zit.

It may contain secretions under pressure and ooze out if broken.

May I ask if they are painful?
Are there any curdy spots on/ around? Do they occur at different place each time?
Does it ooze dirty bloody fluid sometimes?
Do you get sore throat, fever with it?

I see no feature of cancer from this information.
Cancers form hard, immovable nodules and do not ooze out liquid at early stage.

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Have zits like bump inside mouth. Meaty stuff comes out after popping. Mouth cancer? 56 minutes later
no but when I pop them I feel like im about to throw up but that is probably just the reaction from my finger in the back of my throat. I dont get a sore throat and it is usually just the left side that completely form into a jit looking thing. no dirty bloody fluid has ever come out

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 8 minutes later

Thanks for the update.

I am sure it is not cancer nor infection.
It is most likely a mucous glandular hypertrophy. May sometimes get infected.
It is harmless.

Do not burst it with fingers. it may get infected and worse.
Do get examined by your GP once to confirm the fact.
I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole

Good Luck! Thank you!!

Follow-up: Have zits like bump inside mouth. Meaty stuff comes out after popping. Mouth cancer? 37 minutes later
will it go away on its own or does it take medications

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 8 hours later
Thanks for the update.

They will go away on their own. Do not handle them.

However I urge you to visit your primary healthcare provider for careful physical examination to confirm my belief.
.
I hope it helps and relieves any anxiety.

Good Luck! Thank you!!