Have yellowish spot on head of penis. Doesn't hurt or itches and no fluid. Had unprotected oral sex. Suggest?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I have a small yellowish spot that doesn't hurt or itch nor does it spill any fluid when squeezed. It is a single small spot in the head of my penis that clearly differentiates itself from the normal glands around its base. It is is below my foreskin showing up when erected or when I wash it. I always have penetrative sex with condom but oral sex without it.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 14 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

How long you are having this spot?

It does not seem to be due to any STD/HIV. Candida infection also is not the reason for the yellow spot.
It could be the opening of a specialized type of sebaceous gland present over the Glans (head) penis on its ventral (lower) aspect called as 'Tyson's gland' (vestigial) which secretes a cheesy secretion called as Smegma, can be seen if left uncleaned for weeks.
Nothing to bother about the same.
Anyhow if you can send the picture of the lesion, I can discuss more.
Good day.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Have yellowish spot on head of penis. Doesn't hurt or itches and no fluid. Had unprotected oral sex. Suggest? 8 hours later
It appeared about 2 weeks ago, suddenly. I wash daily. I'm attaching an image as a report, I can produce more images if needed.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Welcome back.

I saw the picture sent by you.
Once again I confirm you that the lesion does not fit with any of the STDs. Genital Herpes may be present like this as a vesicle. But usually multiple grouped vesicles are the feature of Genital Herpes and they will not persist in the vesicle stage for 2 weeks. It would have ulcerated and slightly painful.
The site is once again characteristic for Smegma secreting Tyson's gland, but it will be usually present on either side of the frenulum of foreskin.
Another possibility is a mucus cyst occurring any part of the body where there is a mucus lining. More common over lip. It will not be harmful.
If you consult your physician,he/she will examine you and will be able to guide you better.
Dr S.Murugan.

Follow-up: Have yellowish spot on head of penis. Doesn't hurt or itches and no fluid. Had unprotected oral sex. Suggest? 1 hour later
If it is a mucus cyst what is going to be the default treatment ?
Also, if it is a mucus cyst should I consult a physician promptly or can I wait sometime to see if it heals ?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later

Welcome back.
Mucus cyst will not heal spontaneously. Surgical removal or Cryo cauterization is the best. But it is not an emergency or urgency. Even if it is left untreated, it will not give any trouble.
You better consult a Dermatologist and follow his advice.
Dr S.Murugan