Have yellow patches on roof of mouth and tongue has red spots. On antibiotics. Does excess intake of antibiotics cause oral thrush?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have light yellow patches on roof of mouth and tongue has got red spots as I was on antibiotics from last 2
Months does intake of too many antibiotics cause this and do we get oral thrush .
Iam waiting for the answer the could
U pls
Answer quickly
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I will like to tell that there is every likelihood that your oral thrush can be due to prolonged use of antibiotics . Prolonged use of antibiotics also lead to glossitis that may be you are reffering as the red patches on the tongue .

You are advised to take a multivitamin supplement , use Tab Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet only , have curd in your diet , avoid eating spicy and hot food . Anti fungal gargles are also advisable .Kindly check with your treating doctor before doing this as he has treated you and remains the best judge of the situation and would be able to guide you better.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Have yellow patches on roof of mouth and tongue has red spots. On antibiotics. Does excess intake of antibiotics cause oral thrush? 2 minutes later
Thanks doctor XXXXXXX m worried tht there are some yellow patches at roof of the mouth above the tonsils so is it normal
Can u help
Me plss

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Yes it can be there in oral thrush . Well mam I will only be able to advise you but if you see your treating doctor it will be better as oral examination should be done in such cases .

Dr. Shruti