Have yeast infection, over the counter medicine not helping, taking supplements but still have odor. Treatment?

May 2013
Hey DR. I am trying to ask the question about my yeast infection I been having for te
the last two months the over the counter medications does not work and now I am taking supplements but the yeast infection smell is still with me. Can you help me get to the root of the problem?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment after examination

Detailed Answer:
You didn't specify where you had yeast infection.
Better to avoid over the counter medicines.
You have to consult dermatologist once, get examined and with his advice only you have to take the tablets.
Sometimes fungal infection can be associated with other infections.
And you may have to use medicines for few weeks to achieve complete cure.
So better to get examined to find out the exact cause and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.