Have yeast infection in vagina. Using candid v6 tablet. Any effective remedy?

Mar 2016

Yeast infection in vagina. Using candid v6 last two days. But tablet is coming out next morning. What should be done.
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

In this situation, following things can be helpful:

1) You can mix little amount of water with Candid V6 tablet and insert inside the vagina through vaginal applicator (plastic syringe) at bed time only. It helps to dissolve better and absorb through vaginal mucosa. You should continue these method for rest of the days.

2) If above method does not relieve your problem, you can take oral anti fungal medication like Fluconazole (SYSCAN). Single oral dose (150 mg) is sufficient to alleviate above problem. It can be repeated as one cap weekly basis for consecutive 4 weeks.

3) You can apply anti fungal cream (like CANDID 1% cream/ gel) inside vagina through vaginal applicator in combination with oral medication.

Do the following things to keep better genital hygiene:

1) Wear only clean & cotton underwear. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Remove underwear at bedtime.
2) Avoid using any type of chemical cosmetics or detergent powder/ soap or condoms/ tampons. Do proper shaving & clean genital area with plain water.
3) Do not touch/ wipe out genital area too much. Also avoid inserting objects or douching inside vagina.
4) You can apply water based lubricant or vagisil cream to avoid vaginal dryness in future.
5) Take healthy diet with anti oxidant (like Vit-E/ C, selenium, zinc, lycopene etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water/ juice for better systemic circulation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen