Have xanthomas below eyelid. How to get rid of this?

iam having xanthomas below my eyelids pls help me . iam Female .32 yrs iam in chennai
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Xanthomas or xanthelasma are not disease by themselves but the result of poor handling of cholesterol by the body so that it deposits in the skin.
Per se they are not harmful but they can be a problem in the female of your age for cosmetic reasons.
It is very difficult to clear them and if old and organised they would not respond to general measures.
You should reduced weight, cut down on fries food, non-veg and fast foods, take lots of fruits and salads and go on the jogging daily twice a day.
It takes months to go and if still unsuccessful then consult dermatologist of your locality who may offer laser treatment to hasten recovery.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!