Have woosing sound in ear, sinus pain in both eyes, forehead and bitter taste. Taking sudafed. Is this ok?

I have a whoosing sound in one ear, sinus pain around both eyes, forehead and one eye is swollen underneath also a bitter taste in my throat have had these symptoms for approx one week although i have been taking sudafed which has helped slightly with the pain in my head,
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

From the symptoms that you have, it seems that you are having upper Sinusitis or throat infection.

When ever there is such infection, at times the tube between the nose and ear gets blocked, and due to that you have some discomfort or sound in ear.

You are having this since one week, I think it is better that your visit your Take steam inhalation
3. Take more of liquids, hot ones are better
4. Take light diet; avoid fried foods and cold drinks
5. Take proper rest.

Your doctor after examination will decide whether to give antibiotics or not.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you good health and speedy recovery.