Have wisdom tooth that has come behind last tooth. The skin in between got stuck. What to do?
User rating for this question
Hi, I have a tooth that has come behind the last tooth(i think it is called wisdom tooth). The skin inside my mouth is getting stuck between the tooth and sometime i bite it. It is very uncomfortable. What should i do now ?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get the soft tissue cut or tooth has to be removed Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hello, The soft tissue what you are saying is called as Operculum. if there is sufficient space for the third molar [wisdom tooth] to come into mouth then the soft tissue can be removed. If there is no space for the tooth, and operculum is getting stuck regularly then the tooth may have to be removed. The above both options shall be decided by the dentist, consult your dentist for the same. He may advice OPG x-ray to check the position of the wisdom tooth. Hope this helps you, If you have anything to be clarified further you are well-come. Wish you speedy recovery with regards
People also viewed
- Are there tooth worms in impacted wisdom tooth?
- Tab solonex composition
- White behind wisdom tooth
- Sore wisdom tooth coming in
- Poor fitting dentures and health
- Safe to get dentures during pregnancy
- Dentures making throat itch
- Wisdom tooth coming in fever
- New dentures swallon gums
- Sinus issues from dentures
- Famous person who had a compound fracture
- Metrogyl compound tablet dosage
- What are the effects of compound fracture
- Wisdom tooth stitch stuck in throat
- Compound w freeze off on face