Have wind around heart. Getting discomfort and fluttering sensation. What to do?

i have wind around my heart causing me to cough just as a reflex, and my heart flutters sometimes it goes away for days, and it is only recent that i started having this discomfort . i take 2 calcium tablets a day on prescription. but that s all.
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist.
I read your mail with diligence.
You need a physical examination and a prescription medicine which a doctor can prescribe. WWW.WWWW.WW can only give suggestions. Personally, I feel that either you have paroxysmal supra-ventricular tachycardia (PRVT) or inappropriate sinus tachycardia or milder form of panic attack. Treatment of the the symptoms can be calcium channel blockers(Verapamil or Diltiazem) or B Blockers (Metoprolol) or Alprazolam depending upon the result of EKG, Holter examination and your doctor's opinion. For feeling of wind, please try taking carbonated non sweetened non cola drinks for example diet sprite or diet fanta. Some form of exercise is also recommended after you had been examined by the Doctor. I am afraid you will have to see the doctor (not necessarily a cardiologist) to get the needful done. Good Luck. If there is a question, please ask I will be very happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW