Have white thick callus on lip. What could be the treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
have white thick callus looking spot on lip what can i do to get rid of it
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
You have provided with a very short information about your problem. I would like to know few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better.

Hence please answer the following:

1. Since when are you having this callus looking spot on your lip?

2. What is its size?

3. Is there any itching or discharge from the callus?

4. What treatment have you received so far?

Can you also send across a good photograph of the lesion?

You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

I look forward to hearing back from you as we work to provide you with an informative response related to this query. If you have other concerns I would be happy to address them as well.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have white thick callus on lip. What could be the treatment? 20 hours later
It is about an inch and doesn't ooze or anything and I been having it for a few years now
Thanks for writing again.
If the callus is there for a few years and there is no itching or oozing then surgical resection is the best way to get rid of it. You can consult a plastic surgeon in this regard. Otherwise it can also be removed by Laser removal under the guidance of your dermatologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.