Have white spots on the back of throat and feels sore to swallow. How to get cured?

I have a sore white streak on the back of my throat down be hind my tonsil its mildly sore when I swallow I get less pain when I eat but its been there since last winter I think? also I do have mild pain my neck to I'm really scared I donno what it could be?
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 2 hours later

You complaints seem to be for several months but seems you are reporting it or turn problematic now. There can few possibilities that come to my mind for sore white streaks on the back of your throat behind tonsils like-

1. Bacterial or non bacterial infection.
2. Viral infection.
3. Allergens or irritants causing pharyngitis.
4. Sinus infection.
5. Inflammed adenoids.etc............

You should try the following for first 48 hours for symptomatic improvement.

1) Steam Inhalations with Vicks three to four times a day
2) ADVIL Cold, twice a day. It is over the counter
3) No fried / oily food. Prefer steamingly hot food.

I think you should know the root cause of the problem and cure it then you need to check with ENT Surgeon. Do not worry it can be treated if you visit one as soon as possible.

Hope this answered your query,if you have further any doubt, I will be happy to help you.

Take Care
Dr. Gunjan Gupta