Have white spots around vagina and passing white vaginal discharge. Looking for solution

yes i just notice that i have brown spots around my vigina area inside and my lips are a dark colorl like black on the insert of the lips where the penis enters also i have a white discharge that comes out when i get excited also looks purple in the vigina area
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Except the brown spots you mentioned the other changes if have developed gradually, are normally seen in women of your age.

If the hyperpigmentation (dark color) was developed over a short period of time then it can be due to other reasons like infection, hormonal imbalance, allergic reaction etc.

I would like to know some more details on your problem to understand the condition better and provide you a specific opinion.

If the hyperpigmentation was developed over a short time, since when did you notice the same?
Is there any itching associated with the brown patches you have? Are the lesions dry and scaly?

White discharge too can be considered a normal phenomenon due to hormonal imbalance that occurs in your age. This occurs due to deficiency of hormone estrogen and will be associated with itching in the vagina.

The purple discoloration in the vaginal area is an age related change and also can be seen during excitement due to changes in blood circulation that normally occurs at that time.

I would be more specific about the brown patches and color changes around the genitals if you provide the details I asked above.

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Have white spots around vagina and passing white vaginal discharge. Looking for solution 3 hours later
I just notice the brown spots tonight when I wrote the questions there are just a few. There is no itching in the vagina area or burning. There is itching outside the area between my leg and lips don't know if that is from shaving and the hair going back. No pain. But the few little brown spots did freak me out. I went 5 months with out a period then had one in XXXXXXX and feb and then nothing I think going thru menopause and am having alot of sex. I do notice an odor everything now and then but not all the time. I did have hpv in 2008 and my doctor used acid to burn it out it was outside the vagina area.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later

Thanks for the information.

The symptoms and the spots you have could be related to the hormonal imbalance which is commonly encountered in your age (Premenopausal).

There occur fluctuations in the levels or hormones like estrogen, progesterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) etc. The symptoms you have are specific to low estrogen levels.

You can apply Evalon cream over and around the vagina which may help to alleviate the symptoms you have. Also do apply calamine lotion over the brown spots. This will solve your problem.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.