Have white spots all over lower back. Cause and treatment?

Dec 2012

I have white spots all over my lower back
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like a skin infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am very pleased to be able to assist with your query,

The lesions you have presented on the pictures look like hypopigmented whitish plaques with erythematous base which could be as a result of fungal skin infection.
I would have loved to know how long there have been on your lower back and know if they are itchy or sore.
I know it must be disturbing with those kind of lesions given that you are female but be rest assured that if you see a doctor who can confirm my suspicions then provide you with antifungal treatment. Another possible cause could be bacterial or viral infection. All the same you will need a doctor to examine and provide you with an appropriate treatment.

I believe that you will get better ones you debut treatment.

Hope this helps and please feel free to write back with any follow-up questions.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Have white spots all over lower back. Cause and treatment? 32 minutes later
They start to appear two months ago, and are not sore or itchy!!!
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungi infection can occur without itch or sore

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow-up.
Fungal skin infection can at times occur without any itch or soreness but i will be clear if vitiligo or leucoderma.
Applying antifungal cream such as ketokonazole or miconazole could help get rid of the lesions. Alternatively you could use steroid creams such as hydrocortisone or betamethasone cream.
If after using those, it persist, then seeing a dermatologist would be the best thing to do.

Hope this helps further.
Dr. Nsah