Have white sore bump on the middle of tongue and circumvallate papillae inflamed. Any ideas?

Hello, I have a white sore/bump on the middle of my tongue and it is hard, and the my Circumvalate Papillae are inflamed in the back of my tongue. I have recently picked up the habit of using Copenhagen (smokeless tobacco) and over the past two weeks have done so quite frequently, is there a correlation here?
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 53 minutes later

Yes, I would consider a strong correlation here, as the tobacco contains Nicotene and agents involved in production of free radicals.The above substances are frequently involved in causing erosion of the tissue in the mouth and causing inflammation of the papillae.The chemical agents also cause necrosis of the superficial layers of the tongue and the cheek mucosa and cause black or crown staining.

I would recommend stopping it and never using it again.

Wish you good health.