Have white ring that shows on tongue. Why does my mouth become dry?

I have white ring that show on the tip and side of my tongue that comes in go can u tell me what it is mouth get dry and my troat
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

I would be able to opine better on your condition if you can attach a image of the lesion you described above.Seeing an image will narrow my suspicions and help me to advice specifically.

Anticipating your response.
Follow-up: Have white ring that shows on tongue. Why does my mouth become dry? 8 hours later
I upload some picture this been happing for three years now and am concern is because am a diabetic and am pregnant now is it because hormones level am just guessing I would like for them to go away am in good health other then diabetic I dont have hiv or no std so what can it be am worried
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the images.

After having a look at the images you sent, I consider it probably to be the Geographical tongue also called benign migratory glossitis.Yes, it is caused by conditions associated with hormonal change , stress or in a previously allergic individual.

This is not a serious condition and do not cause any trouble and can be treated by consuming Multivitamins and foods containing Zinc.

Also try to avoid foods or any material you are allergic to.Such allergies can flare up the condition.

This condition is not related to your diabetes and do not pose any risk to your pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Have white ring that shows on tongue. Why does my mouth become dry? 3 hours later
Wow thank u fill much better because I thought it was cancer in the mouth did some research.i thought because low immune syetem and it also talk about stress as u said colon diseas liver disease and uncontrole diabetes does this condition stay with me.forever.cuz it makes my mouth and troat hurt sometimes .i though I had trush in my mouth the white rings come in go appear under the side and the middle of my tongue sometime it can be the next day.two.or four more appears.. How can I make them go away and.syop them from coming
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Hi again,

No, the condition do not stay permanently. It occurs when due to various reasons like allergies, medications etc and exacerbated by deficiency of vitamins , hormonal changes , stress etc.Pregnancy and diabetes both are conditions where we see a lot of hormonal changes hence it could be postulated that such lesions can be seen in pregnancy and diabetes more.

As I said it can be treated by consuming Multivitamins and foods containing Zinc.Maintaining good nutrition will prevent them from recurring.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.