Have white patches on lower lips due to peeling and biting of lips. What cure should be done?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
i have white patches on my lower lips, these formed due to peeling and biting of lips due to dehydration problem
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Pigmentation Problems

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,
Because of dehydration, lips generally gets dried and as a natural phenomenon we try to keep it wet with saliva. Acid in saliva causes chelitis and recurrent dried lips with peeling of skin.
You should apply Triamcinolone (Kenacort) oral paste for getting relief.
This is wonderful drug for this problem.
Put your query if you have (and photo if possible).
Best Regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Have white patches on lower lips due to peeling and biting of lips. What cure should be done? 12 minutes later
Dear sir,

thank you for your reply. But I am not satisfied with your answer, kindly understand my problem, due to peeling of lips i lose my lips natural colour and it turned into white patches. Kindly suggest how can i get back my lips natural colour

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 11 minutes later
OK, you can get normal skin over lips by applying Vaseline and moisturizing substance such as glycerin but it will take time for growth of skin. Skin growth on lips is ver rapid.
I think this will solve your query.
Thanks,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava