Have white patches above eyes. Diagnosed with over active thyroid. Suggestions

I have white patches above my eyes at times they look puffy they appeared after i was diagnosed with an over active thyroid they are ugly and unsightly is there any way of getting rid of them?
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. From the picture and description of your symptoms,it sounds like xanthomas. Xanthoma is a skin condition in which fat builds up under the surface of the skin. If they are white flat patches then these can be vitiligo patches as well.

A xanthoma looks like a sore or bump under the skin. It's usually flat, soft to the touch, and yellow in color.

They cause no harm, but can increase in size producing cosmetic blemish. The only treatment is removal by surgery with/without skin grafting (depending on the size of the lesion) or use of laser (CO2 Laser).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.