Have white particles under foreskin and penis head. Get pain when try to remove them. Applying tenovate and betadin

Jul 2016

Hi doctor!

I have white particles under my foreskin and they stick very hard on my penis head. when i try to remove them with water i get lot of pain and in result the skin gets scratched. There are very hard white particles & minor injuries on my penis. I am currently applying tenovate & betadin cream on penis.
Kindly advice for a better cure as i am tired of using these creams.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be dried Smegma.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have got smegma (Secreation of Glans penis) deposited on under surface of glans penis which has got dried and got adhered to foreskin.

Since you are diabetic, please get your blood sugar levels tests done frequently to check whether your diabetes is under control or not.

Please make it a routine to wash and clean the glans and foreskin gently with warm water while having bath so that it will not get deposited in coronal sulcus (Groove between glans and shaft of the penis.)

Ideally you do not need to apply any cream if you clean the genitals and observe proper personal hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query.Please do not hesitate to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to answer the same.

Thanks and regards.
Follow-up: Have white particles under foreskin and penis head. Get pain when try to remove them. Applying tenovate and betadin 11 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

Though I agree to wash penis regularly but currently the situation is so bad that even water hurts me & even when I pass urine it hurts on the skin.
For a quick heal can you advice some ointment as I am not able to push back the foreskin

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply topical antibiotic ointment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Thanks for follow up.
You can take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime twice daily orally along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin for local application.
It should heal up within a week.
Thanks and Regards.