Have white line at the rim of penis. What would have caused this?

Jul 2016

I have a white line at the rim of my penis head
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be collected smegma in coronal sulcus. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed white line around coronal sulcus. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem 1) Did you have dry ,rough sex very recently? 2) Did you have any wound around coronal sulcus? 3) Does it smell bad? 4) Do you have any urinary symptoms? 5) Are you able to move your foreskin freely over glans penis? This could be either collected smegma around coronal sulcus or may be slough ( necrotic tissue) around coronal sulcus. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and further treatment. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Wash your genital with anti microbial solution like Betadine gently and apply topical antibiotic ointment . It should heal up within a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Have white line at the rim of penis. What would have caused this? 3 minutes later
Hi,to all your questions ,the answer is no to all. I have no foreskin ,im cut
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be Ballanitis Xerotica Obliterance(BXO) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feed back. Ple It could be what is called as Ballanitis Xerotica Obliterance (BXO) however final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Urologist. Please go ahead and consult Urologist for clinical evaluation. Thanks and Regards. Dr,Patil.