Have white itchy spot on leg. Does not look like psoriasis or eczema. What could this be?

I have a white itchy spot on my leg, I had a scar there and now it's almost like a rash. It does not seem like psoriasis or ezemca
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

I have seen the picture and from your symptoms lichen simplex chronicus should be ruled out.
It is non contagious. It is treated like chronic eczema by decreasing water and soap contact, and applying emollients.

Topical steroids are almost always needed to control the symptoms. You can use mild steroid cream like Dermacort and if the symptoms persist then high potency steroids and oral steroids may be needed which are available under prescription.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.