Have white head like eruptions all over arm and thigh. How to remove this?

Jul 2012

Hi! I am XXXXXXX 29 yrs/ female. My problem is..... I have white head like eruptions over the back of both arms (triceps) & front of thighs since 2 years of varying sizes from a pin point to a regular acne size. Upon pricking it oozes a white grain like material / sebum of solid consistency & leaves behind dark patches. No symptoms other than cosmetic reasons. It is so embarassing...please help me.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 19 minutes later
Hi there.
I note your detailed clinical description & thanks for the clarity & does help us better understand your problems.
What you describe may be classified under a group of disorders called follicular keratinisation disorders. They may just be acneiform lesions. Please STOP pricking them & causing the pigmentation.
It does indeed require to be looked at on the ground by a dermatologist.
For the moment, i would recomend you use a solution containing Glycolic Acid, Glycerin & Kojic acid as the ingredients & use it liberally locally on these areas after a bath atop wet skin sans wiping the region after bathing. The trade name is something your pharmacist should be able to help you out with & it does not require a prescription But i am bound by the rules of this web site & hence cannot divulge trade names.
Use this for 2-3 weeks & see how it goes! Cheers & Good Luck & Here's wishing you a clear skin soon...
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India.
Follow-up: Have white head like eruptions all over arm and thigh. How to remove this? 23 minutes later
Hi! Should I use regular bathing soaps or there s special
Soaps for that too.
Any diet/clothing restrictions?
No oral medications?

Sorry to mention it late....I used following meds before but in vain...
1. Cap. Lenticlin
2. Cap. Becozine
3. Cap. Afuasol
4. Nadoxin / Sopradex f cream

Another Docs. prescription was...
1. Deriva-cms gel containing adapalene & clindamycin.

Thank you for your early response.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 4 hours later
Hi there.
I prefer the use of cleansers & a simple Dove Bar should suffice.
Diets that aid hydration of the skin will be good. Due to individual preferences, perhaps better to google & appease your palate.
No Restrictions as such but avoid oil massages.
Oral meds may be useful but cannot be prescribed on this portal & as they carry side effects et al, the patient should ideally be seen @ Ground 0 by a dermatologist!
Cheers & trust this advice is clear & your skin too clears soon!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD