Have white chunks in urine. Had UTI but treated. Have abdominal and back pain. What could be this?

I have white chunks coming out in my urine and I had a long time ago, The white chunks and cloudiness are not vaginal discharge, I do have Some horrible at times lower left side pain in my abdomen And severe Lower back pain All over. Some blood on toilet paper when I wipe my vagina After urinating. I know that this is not vaginally Related As I am very in tune with my body. I have nausea, And some recorded fever's. Am I just seeing things or are the white chunks really a bad sign? -scared
I had a CT scan about a month ago that was negative for kidney stones but I don't believe it because I have had Documented kidney stones in the past and there were quite a few of them Last that We checked
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 11 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Given that you were on antibiotics (even though it was a while ago) and you are now experiencing a white chunky discharge (even though you think it is from your urine), the MOST LIKELY explanation for your symptoms is a VAGINAL yeast infection. At the very least, you should consider treating yourself for the vaginal yeast infection before you assume that it is coming from your urine.

It is not uncommon to confuse what is coming from the urine or the vagina. Certainly the best way to sort this out would be to go in to your OB/GYN for a pelvic exam as this would be very easy to sort out.

The other issue that you have is the left lower quadrant pain and vaginal bleeding. This should also be evaluated with an exam, an ultrasound, and a pregnancy test. This is very important to followup on as soon as possible.

I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have any followup questions.
Follow-up: Have white chunks in urine. Had UTI but treated. Have abdominal and back pain. What could be this? 1 hour later
I know it's not vaginal discharge. I did a CLean catch I'm not at all as ignorant as you assume and I know I'm not pregnant as I have not had sex since Christmas 2010 when I became pregnant with my son who is now 22 months old. And it's not a yeast it's my bladder I forgot to mention that when I move abruptly, cough, jump sneeze or laugh urine leaks. I also had a complete accident last night while trying to get into my truck. I am very concerned that its protein of some kind.
Follow-up: Have white chunks in urine. Had UTI but treated. Have abdominal and back pain. What could be this? 6 minutes later
I also see pink blood on tissue from my labia area where I assume my urethra is. I had my period 2 weeks and 3 days ago. I don't have irregular periods I've been on birth control pills since I had my son September 9th 2011. Also have had some times when there is pink/Orangeish color in the toilet water along with big white cloud looking things and of course the white chunkiness
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 minute later
Thank you for the followup.

I was not meaning to imply that you are ignorant. This was not my assumption. It is just that from my experience, even in women are as in tune with your body as you are, that there can be slight uncertainty about where the chunks are coming from. If you are saying they are in your urine, then they are in your urine. Also, unless customers specifically mention that they cannot be pregnant, then in most cases (for the reasons that they are visiting this site) then they need to check a pregnancy test. Obviously now that you have clarified this point, this is off the table as an issue.

The leaking of urine with straining is a common problem in women who have had children before. I think that this symptom is not related to what you are seeing in the urine. It is possible, given your history of stones and likely chronic use of NSAIDs that there is some issue going on with your kidney or bladder. Elevate levels of protein usually do not come out as 'chunks' in the urine. Here is what I would recommend:
1. You still need a pelvic exam to examine the vaginal area and region around the urethra
2. You likely need a urine test and urine culture to test for infection or signs of recurrent stones
3. You very likely might need a cystoscopy (which you have likely had before with your IC)
4. If there is a concern about protein in the urine, then a 24 hour urine collection and measurement of urinary protein is not a bad idea just to assess kidney function.

This sounds like it should be addressed, but certainly would be more easily done with an exam and inspection of the area. My answer gives you some things to think about and from which to formulate questions for your doctor. I hope that it helps and I did not mean to offend.

Good luck!
The pain I'm having feels similar to contractions. My pain medicine is not cutting the "contractions" when they come. What could it be if that's the case I understand that it might be vaginal related but wowza this pain is about up there with gallstones.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 5 hours later
Left lower quadrant pain can be related to:
1. Bowel related problems like diverticulitis
2. An ovarian cyst
3. Kidney stones
4. Severe constipation related to narcotic use

If the pain is really that bad, you need to be seen for evaluation as soon as possible.