Have white cholesterol bumps on cheeks. How to get rid of this?

Oncologist, Surgical
I ahve white cholestoral bumps on my cheeks. How can I get rid of them
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 49 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. These deposits can be quite unsightly and can either be removed by surgery or by laser therapy.
Laser therapy is a non surgical method which does not leave behind a scar but is slightly expensive.
You should consult a plastic surgeon and he will be able to perform the procedure. The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia and has minimal sided effects.

Hoping for the best.
Follow-up: Have white cholesterol bumps on cheeks. How to get rid of this? 19 hours later
are cholesterol facial bumps a sign of high cholesterol?
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Dear Ma'a,

They can sometimes be an indicator of increased blood cholesterol but not always. Sometimes they are seen in overweight patients without increase in cholesterol levels.
You can get your fasting cholesterol levels done to rule out that problem. Even if they are because of increased cholesterol, they will not subside with treatment of that problem and will require some form of surgery/ laser therapy.

Hoping for the best.