Ask a Urologist   »  

Have white bumps on foreskin and red patched on penis. How to get rid of this?

I have a two questions about the same area.

First is regarding bumps on my foreskin that have been present for quite some time that I would like to have looked at. I believe we once spoke of these but I have added a new photo and just wanted to ensure they have not become something I should worry about. There are two white bumps that are each about the size of a pinhead. They are white, symmetrical, hard and painless.

I have NEVER had sexual intercourse, but I have had oral sex.

I have had these looked at by my urologist in person, and over the course of time, a doctor here and there on this site. No one seems to think there is anything to worry about, which is good - but I just wanted to get your opinion to ensure they are not anything crazy like warts or tumors. I would be at very low risk for these I imagine, but never hurts to be safe. Also - what can I do/should I do anything to get rid of them if they are indeed sebaceous prominence, or should I just leave them as is?

Second, 6 months ago, I had a yeast infection from antibiotic usage in both my mouth and penile area. Today, I have small red patches on my penis that have remained all this time. They seem to mostly appear with friction, and a lot of times recede into the color of the skin but always come back in the EXACT same place when agitated. They respond to cream but don't fully seem to go away. I have posted a photo of this as well. I would greatly like to have this redness go away.

Thank you for all your great help.
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX
Good to hear from you back.
I can very well recall our previous interaction and the penile bumps.
Only problem here is I cannot see the photos uploaded by you.
Without having the new images I cannot comment on present condition.
The red patches in oral cavity and penis can be thrush or fungal infection /candidial balanitis.
Oral and topical antifungal simultaneously should clear the infection permanently.
After going through images I can advise you with better certainty.
Upload the images again or email them to YYYY@YYYY with ATTENTION DR XXXXXXX in subject line.

Waiting for your reply.