Ask a Urologist   »  

Have weird skin like growth on penis head. What could be this and the cure?

I have weird skin like tags whitish growing on the end of my penis / banjo string. I can provide pictures if it would help!

If you look by the banjo you can see the bigger bit is more red.
Ive moved it and it doesnt hurt / feel of anything. Its not itchy or anything If I didnt look at it I wouldn't even know it is there.

Links below for pictures:

Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Skin tags can occur on any aspect of the body, including the penis. They are benign and will not become cancerous.
They are treated only if they are bothersome.Treatment can be done in a variety of ways including :freeze with liquid nitrogen, burn off with electric cautery, tie at base with a string to allow it to fall off,remove with a scissors.
Removing the skin tag will not result in the growth of others, however there are some persons who are prone to develop tags

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for him or her to take a look.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions